• NG Drag&DropPack 2016
Order Links (switches to order page)
Interaction with Windows Explorer
Interaction with Browsers
Components of NG Drag&DropPack 2016
LMD NG Drag&Drop is a part of Next Generation (NG) package suite. All these packages are based on new IDE and language features of latest Delphi IDE versions.
NG Drag&Drop provides the ability to exchange data with other applications via standard Windows OLE drag&drop protocol. There are a lot of common applications, which uses Windows drag&drop:
- Windows Explorer (shell) - allows to drag/receive real or virtual file objects.
- MS Office application (Word, Excel, Outlook, ect), WordPad, other text editors - allows to drag/receive ANSI, Unicode, RTF and HTML text data, images, metafiles, files.
- Internet Browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, ect) - allows to drag/receive URLs (to open new page or as a bookmark), text (as search query to open new page), files (as downloads).
- Adobe Photoshop - allows to drag/receive images.
- many other high quality Windows applications actually support drag&drop.
NG Drag&Drop provides Fluent Interface API
, which is an easy and very convenient way for supporting drag&drop operations, without placing any component on the form. API supports both source and target parts. For example, data dragging (source part) can be initiated as follows:
Following is a short feature list of NG Drag&Drop package:
- TNGDropSource component, which allows to drag data from customer's application to any other drag&drop enabled applications.
- TNGDropTarget component, which allows to receive data from any drag&drop enabled application.
- Formal dealing of data formats. Any data drag operation can include any number of formats in dragged data object. There no restrictions of format combinations used. Any drop target as well can be configured to accept any combination of data formats.
- Built-in standard and common formats implementation:
- oINETURLA (Ansi)
- oINETURLW (Unicode)
- TNGDataFormat base data format class can be subclassed for advanced implementation of complex custom formats. Simple custom formats could be defined declaratively on the top of any existing format class using CustomFormat attribute.
- Data format types shortcuts, such as CF.TEXT for TNGTextFormat, or CF.RTF for TNGRtfFormat.